Stepping in as a Teacher

School Induction Programme at Government Girls' High School, Cherthala, Alappuzha


During my five days teaching experience at Government Girls High School in Cherthala, I had the wonderful opportunity to interact with a diverse group of students and experience their enthusiasm for learning. The girls at the school were eager to engage in classroom activities and participated actively in discussions and group work.

Throughout my time at the school, I had a lot of fun teaching the girl students. Their energy and curiosity made the teaching process enjoyable and rewarding. I incorporated interactive teaching methods and hands-on activities to keep the students engaged and to make the learning process more interactive. The girls were enthusiastic and showed a genuine interest in the subjects being taught.


In the video, this class, I was the one teaching. I was asked by the teacher to show the children a few chemistry experiments. I prepared and followed suit. To my astonishment, however, the kids asked questions and considered what may happen if the trials were altered. I was effective in dispelling their doubts and retaining their interest.  

One of the highlights of my teaching experience was the positive feedback received from the students. They expressed their appreciation for my teaching style, noting that it made the concepts easier to understand and remember. The feedback also highlighted areas where improvement was necessary, such as providing more clarification on certain topics and incorporating more visual aids in the lessons.

I made sure to take note of the feedback and used it to modify my teaching techniques accordingly. I focused on providing clearer explanations, including more visual aids, and encouraged more student participation during the lessons. This allowed me to address the specific areas where improvement was needed and enhance the overall learning experience for the students.

In addition to working closely with the students, I also had good coordination with the teachers at the school. We collaborated on lesson planning and shared ideas and resources to create a cohesive learning environment. The teachers were supportive and provided valuable insights to help me navigate the school's curriculum and classroom dynamics effectively.

Overall, my five days teaching experience at Government Girls High School in Cherthala was a valuable learning journey. It provided me with firsthand experience in teaching and allowed me to witness the enthusiasm and potential of the girl students. The feedback received helped me grow as an educator, and the coordination with the teachers enhanced the overall teaching and learning process. I am grateful for this opportunity and look forward to further contributing to the education of these amazing girls.

Comments

Popular Posts